A leading independent property consultancy with expertise covering a broad spectrum of property related services

The Perthshire Property Market Continues To Thrive

Encouraging activity in Perthshire's residential property market shows no signs of slowing down according to new statistics released by CKD Galbraith.

Following the research conducted by CKD Galbraith's Perth office, statistics from quarter two of 2014 show:-

  • Sales remained steadily high compared with the first quarter of 2014
  • Viewings have doubled this quarter compared to the previous quarter of 2014
  • The number of buyers registering with the Perth office has increased by 150 per cent compared to the previous quarter of 2014 and is up dramatically against quarter two of 2013
  • The supply of high quality properties has also risen by 63 per cent


Emma Chalmers, Head of Agency in CKD Galbraith in Perth said: "We have been greatly encouraged by the steady level of sales achieved this quarter as well as experiencing a real improvement in the interest and the number of buyers registering with the Perth office that is likely to translate into sales over the next quarter. There is a high level of confidence in the firm from buyers both locally and nationally with 44 per cent of sales this quarter were buyers from outside Scotland and the remaining 56 per cent of buyers from Scotland itself

"Our knowledge of the local market has been imperative in helping set realistic prices leading to an increase in the number of properties being sold at a competitive closing date and in the majority cases achieving in excess of the asking price."

There were also very encouraging signs in the Aberfeldy and surrounding areas which are also handled from the Perth office by the firms highly experienced and expanding team.

Aberfeldy is a beautiful area of rural Scotland which has seen a dramatic increase in interest from prospective purchasers over the last 12 months with the number of property viewings this quarter more than double the same quarter of 2013. There has also been a significant increase in the number of applicants registering with CKD Galbraith seeking property in the Aberfeldy area rising by 90 per cent since the first quarter of this year. The firm is experiencing a growing demand for properties with income potential due to it being an extremely popular tourist destination.

CKD Galbraith has enjoyed substantial growth over the years and operates a network of regional offices located throughout the country. The firm has recently celebrated the launch of its new office in Cults, Aberdeen.

If you are interested in selling or buying a property in Perthshire, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Perthshire estate agency team.