Lentranhill HouseLentran, Inverness, Highland, IV3 8RN
Offers Over £485,000
- A delightful former mill house in a totally secluded setting
- Two Reception Rooms. Four Bedrooms.
- In need of modernisation but retaining many original features.
- Mature mixed woodland and grazing land.
- Delightful garden and specimen plants.
- Garage, car port, workshop and greenhouse.
- Beautiful framed views to the Beauly Firth.
- Within easy reach of Inverness.
- About 4.4 hectares (10.9 acres) in all.
Lentranhill House is in the scattered hamlet of Lentran close to Beauly in Inverness-shire. The property is in a beautiful setting, totally secluded and with framed views over its own wooded grounds to the Beauly Firth.The surrounding countryside is peaceful and unspoilt, providing a haven for many rare species of plants and wildlife. World class salmon fishing is available on the River Beauly and the quiet countryside makes it an ideal area for cycling and hill walking. The west coast, with its excellent sailing, is within easy reach and the National Nature Reserves of Glen Affric and Strathfarrar are just a short distance away.Beauly is a traditional and prosperous village with a good range of independent shops, hotels and a railway station. Primary schooling is available at Kirkhill and secondary schooling in Inverness, both of which have a free bus service. Inverness has all the facilities of a modern city including its airport with regular flights to the south.Lentranhill House is an extended former mill house and although now in need of some modernisation, the popery is extremely attractive with the traditional and characterful section of the house with its timber lined walls and fireplaces, and the more modern extension which takes advantage of the stunning views over mature woodland to the Beauly Firth and Ben Wyvis. The house has been well maintained and recent improvements include new double glazing, a new bathroom, a new boiler and radiators and partial re-wiring.