Castle LodgeLower Balconie, Evanton, Dingwall, IV16 9XG
Offers Over £850,000
- Two modern houses within the policies of the former Balconie Castle.
- Main House – One Reception Room. Four Bedrooms.
- The Cottage – Two Reception Rooms. Two Bedrooms.
- Two beautifully presented and versatile houses.
- Separate, purpose-built gym with garaging.
- Established grounds with formal gardens and mature broadleaf woodland.
- Poly tunnels and garden stores.
- Framed views to the Cromarty Firth.
- Direct access to extensive coastal walks.
- About 1.5 hectares (3.8 acres) in all.
Castle Lodge lies close to Evanton in Easter Ross. The property is in a beautiful setting, within the grounds of the former Balconie Castle and with paths leading both to the village and the shores of the Cromarty Firth. The surrounding parkland planting and remaining structures of the estate create a magnificent setting for Castle Lodge with mature broadleaf specimen trees, the old walled garden and part of the castellated wall that edges the access track.Evanton has a good range of amenities including a small supermarket, primary school and popular farm shop and restaurant. The nearby towns of Dingwall and Alness both have further shops and facilities as well as secondary schools and train stations. Inverness is within easy reach and has all the facilities of a modern city including its new university and airport with regular flights to the south and summer flights to Europe.The surrounding area is beautiful and unspoilt and provides an ideal base for the outdoor enthusiast, with a wide range of walks and mountain bike trails, challenging mountain climbs and fishing for salmon and trout on local rivers. The west coast, famous for its stunning coastline and sandy beaches, is under an hour’s drive away, while the Cairngorms Ski Centre is also within easy reach.Castle Lodge comprises a main house, a separate cottage and a gym complex with adjacent garages, all set in approximately 3.8 acres of wooded grounds. The accommodation is well-presented and has the opportunity for use as holiday lets, while the potential exists for conversion of the gym for business use, subject to the necessary consents.The Main House is set in the lower portion of the grounds, while The Cottage lies at the top of the drive. There is a rear entrance to the property and the gym and garaging have a separate vehicular entrance off the main access track.