To be sited in a tree lined former paddock within the grounds of Newton House, the house style has been designed in conjunction with local architect-designer Neil Grant of Grant & Geoghegan and is to be built by the …
To be sited in a tree lined former paddock within the grounds of Newton House, the house style has been designed in conjunction with local architect-designer Neil Grant of Grant & Geoghegan and is to be built by the well regarded local building firm Russell Construction Limited. The new house at Plot 1 will be of the ‘Mackenzie’ design comprising an attractive one and a half storey detached dwelling with accommodation extending to approximately 184m2. On the ground floor, the room layout includes and a vestibule, hall, kitchen / family room with pantry, utility room, shower room, plant room and 2 bedrooms. On the first floor, there will be a landing leading to two bedrooms (both ‘en suite’). The Mackenzie style house will also have a detached garage.
The house will be built to an exemplary specification (as detailed below) with generous allowances for the kitchen and bathroom fittings and a wood burning stove.
Key Build Specifications
• ICF Build (Insulated Concrete Formwork)
• Energy efficient triple glazed hardwood windows and doors
• Larch Cladding
• Off white render
• Grade A Spanish slates
• Palermo oak doors throughout
• Oak staircase, MDF treads and risers with 10mm toughened glass balustrade
• Air source heating system with hot water storage tank
• Underfloor heating to ground floor
• Radiators to first floor rooms
• Wood burning stove
• White electrical fittings throughout
• TV points in family room and bedrooms
• Shower points in all ‘en suites’ and bedrooms
• Low energy spotlights in kitchen, utility, bathrooms and ‘en suite’
• Low energy pendant lighting in bedrooms
• Smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors
• Graf one 2 clean sewage treatment plant
• Rainwater soakaway
• Walls and ceiling painted with two coats of matt emulsion
• Two coats of satin wood to all door frames, skirting and facings
• Mains electric, water and BT
Driveway and Landscaping
• Driveway to be formed with timber upstanding edge, type 1 hardcore and finished with Parkmore driveway chip
• Garden areas to be grass seeded
• Boundary fences to be post and wire
• Grey concrete slabs to paths and patio area
An allowance for kitchen and utility fittings is included up to £20,000, for bathrooms and ‘en suites’ up to £10,000 and for the wood burning stove, including flue and hearth £3,500.
The New House at Plot 1, The Paddock is proposed to sit in an accessible and very exclusive development of 4 new houses (by Russell Construction Ltd.) in a charming rural location at Newton, about 3.5 miles west of Elgin in the county of Moray. Moray, famous for its mild climate, has a beautiful and varied countryside with a coastline of rich agricultural land, prosperous fishing villages and wide, open beaches. The upland areas to the south are sparsely populated and provide dramatic scenery, some of which forms part of the Cairngorm National Park. This unspoilt landscape provides a wide range of leisure and sporting opportunities including fishing on the world famous Spey and Findhorn rivers, skiing at The Lecht and Cairngorm range, sailing and walking. There are many highly regarded golf courses nearby including Elgin Golf Club (about 5 miles), The Moray Golf Club in Lossiemouth (about 8 miles) and also the two championship links golf courses in Nairn (about 20 miles). Located about 15 minutes’ drive away is the ‘jewel’ of the Moray coastline, the historic village of Findhorn with its sheltered bay providing excellent sailing, water sports and highly regarded Inns.
The historic city of Elgin provides a comprehensive range of shops and amenities whilst the surrounding area offers some excellent hotels, restaurants and historic local attractions. There are a number of good primary schools in the local area and schooling up to secondary level is available in Elgin. Forres also has a Steiner School whilst private schooling for children over 8 years of age is available at Gordonstoun School, Duffus about 6 miles away. Inverness (about 35 miles) has all the facilities of a modern city including its airport (about 27 miles).