The mansion is the main house of the Auchincruive Estate which is situated in wooded countryside on the River Ayr, on the outskirts of the county town of Ayr. It has been owned by the Scottish Agricultural College (SAC) since 1927. SAC have relocated elements of its teaching to the new Riverside Campus in Ayr, and are in the process of consolidating other activities at the Auchincruive Estate over the next few years and Oswald Hall is surplus to their requirements.
An important Grade A listed building which has been well maintained by SAC, it has been used in recent years as a conference centre and wedding venue. It has some spectacular principal rooms designed by Robert Adam and a floor area of about 36,000 square feet. The largest room can easily accommodate 90 delegates.
Being highly accessible from the M77 and A77, Glasgow and Prestwick Airports, it has huge potential for a wide variety of uses as a private residence with offices, a hotel, headquarters building, research or conversion to residential apartments.
Oswald Hall was built in 1767 by Richard Oswald. Wings were added and other additions made in the 19th century. An impressive and important building, it has superb plasterwork in the main rooms and there are dramatic hanging gardens on the slopes between the mansion and the River Ayr.
Standing in its own grounds of about 38 acres, there is also the prospect of acquiring further land and property within the Auchincruive Estate.
SAC and AWG Property Limited have conceived a Masterplan for the future development of the surplus elements of the Estate with a new village of up to 495 homes, 60,000 square feet of business and research floor space, a golf course and equestrian centre. View a copy of the master plan.
Oswald Hall is a wonderful opportunity; an historic house in a wonderful position which over time will become the centrepiece of a new village in an accessible situation on the Ayrshire Coast.
Offers over 1,000,000 are being sought for Oswald Hall. Find out more and download a schedule.