Our Perth office are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Wayleave Officer to join their busy Energy team.
The overall purpose of the role will be to assist with the delivery of a wide range of Energy and Water projects throughout Scotland. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a can-do attitude who thrives on a challenge.
The requirements of the role include:
- Identifying land ownership and occupational rights for infrastructure projects.
- Securing landowner consents for water and sewage infrastructure projects.
- The purchase/lease of land for operational purposes.
- Negotiation of servitude and wayleave terms.
- To resolve disputes over land access, landownership queries or impacts from land use.
- The assessment and settling of damage/compensation claims.
- To liaise with estates surveyors, project managers, stakeholders, land agents, legal representatives and other professional staff.
The essential qualities of the successful candidate must include:
- Highly motivated.
- A self-starter with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Highly computer literate, with a working knowledge of land related computer packages.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and friendly manner, engendering trust and confidence.
- A team player.
- A strong negotiator, with the ability to manage projects at an advanced level.
- Fully conversant with the relevant legislation, with an understanding of statutory and environmental constraints concerned with each project.
- Able to demonstrate strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently.
The role involves regular travel and there may be occasions where an overnight stay will be required.
Full driving licence is essential.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a C.V. and Covering Letter to email@example.com.