Our Inverness office are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Wayleave Officer to join their busy Energy team.
As Scotland’s leading independent property consultancy, Galbraith provides a full range of services across the residential, commercial, rural, forestry and energy sectors.
The overall purpose of the role will be to assist with the delivery of a wide range of Energy and Water projects throughout Scotland. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a can-do attitude who thrives on a challenge.
The requirements of the role include:
- Identifying land ownership and occupational rights for infrastructure projects.
- Securing landowner consents for water and sewage infrastructure projects.
- The purchase/lease of land for operational purposes.
- Negotiation of servitude and wayleave terms.
- To resolve disputes over land access, landownership queries or impacts from land use.
- The assessment and settling of damage/compensation claims.
- To liaise with estates surveyors, project managers, stakeholders, land agents, legal representatives and other professional staff.
The essential qualities of the successful candidate must include:
- Highly motivated.
- A self-starter with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of word processing and email.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and friendly manner, engendering trust and confidence.
- A team player.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Have a good understanding of statutory and environmental constraints in the rural and energy sectors.
- Demonstrable organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
The role involves regular travel and there may be occasions where an overnight stay will be required.
On the job training will be made available to the successful applicant as required.
A full driving licence and own car are essential.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a C.V. and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org