The essential qualities of the successful candidate must include:
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and empathetic manner, engendering trust and confidence.
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently.
- Ability to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
- Aptitude to understand, prioritise and operate within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to apply total discretion and confidentiality when handling highly sensitive information.
- Strong personal and professional ethics.
- A good sense of humour.
The requirements of the role include:
- To answer the telephone promptly and to transfer calls or pass on messages to the relevant person/destination as required.
- General office admin, including upkeep of diaries.
- To manage the switchboard.
- Maintain the reception area, ensuring that it is clean and tidy in order to portray a professional and welcoming environment for customers and visitors.
- To provide and order boardroom refreshments when required.
- To photocopy/scan documents as and when required.
- Timely franking of mail and acting as main point of contact for Royal Mail issues.
- Filing as requested.
- Maintaining stationery levels.
- Secretarial support to all departments as and when required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The successful applicant will be fully computer literate.
To apply, please send a C.V. and Covering Letter to Fiona Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org.