The successful candidate will support the Principal Planner to take forward a diverse portfolio of projects including residential, commercial and renewable energy schemes. They will be responsible for the preparation of planning applications, development plan representations and Supporting Planning Statements, including the co-ordination of Environmental Reports and the potential identification of new development opportunities for clients.
Candidates will have a degree in town planning or other related discipline and be a Chartered member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
Applications are sought from candidates with a minimum of five years planning experience, either within a Local Authority or Consultancy environment.
The role will be on a part-time basis initially (likely to be three days per week) but with potential to become full-time as the business expands.
The required skills and experience are:
- Genuine ambition and enthusiasm
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, well organised and adaptable to meet project deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team of consultants
- High level of computer literacy (GIS skills and the capability to produce map-based drawings is preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of the planning system, covering both development management and planning policy.
The role will involve travel and so a full UK driving licence and own car is essential.
The salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th July 2019.