Our Edinburgh office are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Management Surveyor to join their busy Commercial team.
The overall purpose of the role will be to undertake the day-to-day management of properties within a portfolio for designated clients. Whilst obviously satisfying the contractual requirements of the client we expect the successful candidate to be able to focus on maximising the clients’ income flows and minimising void holding costs whilst identifying opportunities and initiatives which may add value. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a can-do attitude who thrives on a challenge.
The requirements of the role include:
- A good working knowledge of commercial leases. Crucially an understanding of the obligations imposed on landlords and tenants to ensure that the respective lease obligations are being met.
- Day to day responsibility for clients’ portfolios whilst also identifying potential areas for adding value.
- Responsibility for getting to know the properties and every tenant and to undertake regular property inspections and meetings with tenants.
- Awareness and pro-active management of leases events to ensure that these are managed accordingly.
- Setting and managing service charge budgets. This includes the checking and approval of actual expenditure against budget and the timeous preparation of service charge reconciliations at the year end.
- Dealing with contractors and on-site staff.
- Monitoring income and managing credit control.
- Regular client reporting and attendance at client meetings.
- Full awareness of H&S compliance.
The essential qualities of the successful candidate must include:
- RICS qualified – at least 2 years post qualification.
- Experience in active property management
- Identifying and pursuing fee generating opportunities.
- Client facing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise workloads
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Able to use own initiative
- Highly professional
- Good IT skills
- A good working knowledge of property management software packages. Knowledge of QUBE would be beneficial but not essential as training will be provided.
The role will involve travel. Full driving licence and own car is essential.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com