The role will be to undertake the design, integration delivery and support of IT services to the business. This will include regularly meeting and liaising with internal customers and providing guidance and support as an IT subject matter expert, maintaining your own project portfolio as well as participating as a team member on other projects.
The essential qualities of the successful candidate must include:
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and empathetic manner, engendering trust and confidence.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently and to a set timescale.
- The ability to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
- To be able to understand, prioritise and operate within a fast paced environment.
- To be able to apply total discretion and confidentiality when handling highly sensitive information.
- To be able to operate within tight deadlines and manage a number of work activities at any one time.
- Understand what good customer service is and how to provide it.
- A willingness to undergo further self-paced and directed training.
- Show flexibility to work out of hours and over the weekends.
- Dedication and commitment to problem resolution.
- Good time management
- Can do attitude
The requirements of the role include:
- Primary technical responsibility for the Galbraith IT infrastructure, including computer network, servers, storage and telephony.
- Installation, maintenance, upgrades, patching and monitoring of the IT infrastructure to ensure maximum availability and performance during core business hours.
- Ensuring regular data backups/replication and periodic testing of backup integrity.
- Plan, implement security measures and controls where required.
- Manage and maintain security and prevention systems.
- Maintain data and monitor security access.
- Monitor Galbraith’s networks for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs – ensure that we know as much as possible and as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- ITIL awareness
- Microsoft/Cisco accreditation
The successful applicant will have proven experience of:
- Change control and documentation
- Infrastructure topology design and capacity planning
Technical knowledge of the below will be required:
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 R2)
- Microsoft SQL (2005, 2012)
- Microsoft Transact-SQL
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP and DNS
- Microsoft PowerShell Scripting
- Microsoft Patch Management
- Office365 (Exchange, SharePoint & Lync)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2010 & Office365)
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
- VMware vSphere 5.x ESXi Administration
- Backup (Symantec Backup Exec 2014)
- Cisco: Layer 3 Switches, VPN, VLANs
- Wireless and Proxy server
- Cyber security
- HIDS/HIPS and NIDS/NIPS
- Firewall management/configuration
Salary commensurate with experience.
The successful applicant must have a full UK Driving licence.
To apply, please send a C.V. and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org