The successful candidate will provide development, maintenance and support for Galbraith’s software applications portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a can-do attitude who thrives on a challenge.
The requirements of the role are to:
- Assist the business with identifying and documenting business problems.
- Assist the business with gathering requirements and specifying solutions.
- Recommend, implement, evaluate and improve solutions for digital record keeping.
- Maintenance – debugging of systems to find and repair errors.
- Provide support to other developers and end users of the software.
- Design and implement solutions to business problems.
- Help improve productivity and scalability through better processes, infrastructure and automation.
- Develop and automate other business processes (potentially including GIS workflows).
- Design and configure development and testing servers and implement continuous integration and delivery practices.
- Continuously document and expose configuration processes and policies.
- Assist to improve security and service availability by applying appropriate security and development practices.
- Advise developers on software architecture to ensure systems are scalable, secure and robust.
- Track and record tasks, work progress, manage workload and use collaborate tools.
- Participate in regular code reviews with colleagues and the wider team, as appropriate.
The essential knowledge and qualities of the successful candidate must include:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject or relevant industry experience.
- Web development experience with a framework such as Django, Rails, Dancer, CakePHP or similar.
- Experience of delivery within Python3 and other dynamics scripting languages such as Ruby, PHP, Perl…
- Web-development experience such as; UI/UX design, Security, SEO
- Bash and SQL
- Linux (particularly Debian based distributions)
- Patching, system monitoring, reporting (centralised logs)
- Apache, NGiNX, WSGI, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Configuration management, containerisation and virtualisation.
- Versioning management using Git and related technologies.
- Responsive frontend development with HTML, CSS and JS frameworks.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently.
- The ability to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
- To be to understand, prioritise and operate within a fast-paced environment.
- To be able to apply total discretion and confidentiality when handling highly sensitive information.
Full driving licence essential.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org