Galbraith’s forestry department manages over 18,000 hectares of privately owned woodlands ranging from estate policies to commercial forests.
The overall aim of the role will be to assist in the management of a growing portfolio for our clients across Scotland, assisting Senior Foresters with opportunities to undertake interesting and varied work as well as to develop professionally.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assist with the management and supervision of forestry operations
- Woodland surveys and assist with management planning
- Securing felling consents and grant scheme funding
- Woodland Carbon Code registration
- GIS mapping support
Desirable skills and experience include:
- A relevant land based qualification
- At least a year’s experience in a woodland management role
- An awareness of the UK Forestry Standard
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently
The role will involve travel. Full driving licence and own vehicle essential.
Salary commensurate with experience.
For an informal discussion please contact Hamish Robertson or Paul Schofield at our Perth office.
Applications by letter with accompanying CV should be submitted to Sheila Horne at Galbraith, Lynedoch House, Barossa Place, Perth PH1 5EP or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org