The role will be focussed on rural estate management and utilities work, as well as getting involved in all aspects of the rural and energy consultancy and professional work undertaken by the firm. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who thrives on a challenge and enjoys a diverse workload.
The rural and energy team in our Cupar office manage a number of estates and rural properties, some of which include let residential properties, let farms, in hand farms and sporting agreements. They also carry out utilities work relating to water, electricity and communications. The role available is varied and presents the opportunity to work in the office and out on the ground, primarily across Fife but also further afield across Scotland. The successful candidate will be joining a small, dynamic and experienced team who operate as part of the firm’s larger rural and energy business streams.
The requirements of the role include:
- To assist colleagues with the management of rural estates
- To provide general consultancy to our clients; principally of rural properties to include matters connected with all types of let and in hand property including property maintenance and improvements.
- Identify land ownership information and occupational rights for infrastructure projects
- Liaise with and agree utility wayleave agreements with landowners
- Prepare pre and post scheme photographic records of condition
- Prepare plans and maps using GIS mapping software
- Assess and settle damage/compensation claims primarily over agricultural land
- Assist with the management of telecoms mast portfolios and leases
- Liaise with estates surveyors, project managers, stakeholders, land agents, legal representatives and other professional staff.
- Assist with general property consultancy including planning, wayleaves, sporting rights, access negotiations, diversification projects etc.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- Highly motivated
- A self-starter with the ability to work using own initiative
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- A team player
- Able to demonstrate strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently.
- Have the skill to understand, prioritise and operate within a fast paced environment.
- Previous experience advantageous but not essential
The role will involve travel. Full driving licence and own vehicle essential.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.