Lot 6 Lochwood Farm
An area of garden ground and amenity woodland extending to approximately 2.61 Ha (6.44 Acres). The land is located immediately to the east the farmhouse and steading. The land was historically
the site for Lochwood House which was built around 1820 for the Bairds of Gartsherrie who owned most of the land in the area and had extensive iron and coal interests in Monklands. The National Coal Board purchased the house in the 1940s, primarily to secure mining rights on the estate. By the 1960s the house had become derelict and was later demolished with only the stone pillars in the garden ground remaining. The ground is mostly down to lawn and is enclosed by a variety of fine specimen broadleaved trees with the remainder of the site being a mix of amenity woodland. The land is accessible directly from the Lochend Road which bounds the site to the south.