Steele Road is an attractive small settlement in a peaceful, rural location approximately 5 miles to the northeast of Newcastleton.
The settlement grew up around a railway station which opened in 1862 and closed in 1969. Steele Road includes the former station
house and two terraces of railway cottages.
The plots lie to the south of the settlement and enjoy fine outlooks over the surrounding countryside.
Newcastleton was originally a planned village founded in 1793 by the Third Duke of Buccleuch and is considered to be the best example of an 18th Century planned village in the Scottish Borders.
The village's main source of employment was originally hand loom weaving.
Newcastleton has a good range of local amenities including primary school, shops, pubs, restaurants, sporting and recreational facilities.
Both plots lie to the south of Steele Road, on the east side of the public road through the settlement.
The plots are spacious and enjoy attractive outlooks over the surrounding countryside.
Some work has already been started on both plots, a shared access having been created and both house sites having been levelled.
Each plot has full planning permission and building warrant for a single dwellinghouse which is to be in keeping with the existing
stone and slate dwellings in Steele Road.
Details on the planning consents can be seen on Scottish Borders Council's website.
The reference for the planning permission for Plot 1 is 09/01306/AMC and the reference for the planning permission for
Plot 2 being reference 09/01307/AMC.
Paper copies of the detailed consent plans can be made available to interested parties at a small additional charge to cover printing
Mains electricity is available in Steele Road.
Water will be from a shared private water supply, issues of quantity and quality having been addressed to the satisfaction of the
Environmental Health Officer in September 2011.
Drainage will be to a private septic tank.
Additional agricultural land could be made available by separate negotiation, if desired.