Hamish's HameBalchraggan, Abriachan, IV3 8LD
Offers Over £275,000
- 2 Reception Rooms. One Bedroom.
- Finished and presented to the very highest standard.
- On site electric car charger.
- Spectacular elevated loch views.
- Plans drawn-up for a one bedroom annexe within the grounds.
- On the edge of protected woodland.
- Currently a highly successful holiday let.
- Date of entry will be a mutually agreed date following 30th September 2023
- About 0.23 hectares (0.58 acres) in all.
Hamish’s Hame is a delightful steading conversion in the scattered hamlet of Abriachan in the hills above Loch Ness. The property is in a beautiful setting with spectacular south facing views over the loch.This region of Inverness-shire is famous for its association with Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle and is a well-known tourist destination. However, just a short distance away from the popular centres, the beautiful countryside remains unspoilt and tranquil providing a haven for wildlife and excellent rural sporting opportunities. Abriachan Woodland lies to the rear of Hamish’s Hame and is community owned woodland managed to provide a safe habitat for native wildlife, for leisure activities, to enable teaching projects and providing extensive woodland walks and bike trails. Inverness has all the facilities of a modern city including its airport with regular flights to the south and Europe. This prosperous and expanding city benefits from excellent communications and inward investment and yet, as the city has grown, it has lost none of its Highland cultural identity, seen in its strong sense of community and thriving arts scene.A former steading, Hamish’s Hame has been sensitively converted to create a charming, luxury one bedroom, semi-detached cottage. The beautiful interior reflects many features of the original building including high ceilings, exposed beams and stone facings around the windows, while the conservatory provides a further reception room and takes advantage of the spectacular views.