A leading independent property consultancy with expertise covering a broad spectrum of property related services

Ulladale

Strathpeffer, Ross-Shire, IV14 9AR

Offers Over £495,000


  • A handsome Victorian stone-built villa.

  • 3 Reception rooms & 6 Bedrooms.

  • Spacious and well laid out accommodation retaining many fine original features.

  • Self-contained annexe potential.

  • Double garage.

  • Established, secluded grounds.

  • Within walking distance of the village centre.

  • Easy access to Inverness and the west coast.

  • About 0.22 hectares (0.53 acres) in all.

Ulladale is a handsome late Victorian villa in the conservation area of Strathpeffer, a Highland spa village in Ross-shire. The property lies in a peaceful setting on an elevated site towards the golf course, with views across the valley to …

Ulladale is a handsome late Victorian villa in the conservation area of Strathpeffer, a Highland spa village in Ross-shire. The property lies in a peaceful setting on an elevated site towards the golf course, with views across the valley to Knockfarrel and its vitrified fort. It is sheltered by the mature trees that fringe its boundaries.

Strathpeffer expanded with the arrival of the railway in Victorian times when visitors came from far afield to take the famous spa waters. Today the village is popular for its attractive architecture, active community and as a base from which to enjoy the area with its easy access to Inverness and both the east and west coasts.

The village has a small supermarket, highly regarded primary school, cafés, hotels, pharmacy and doctors’ surgery. Additional amenities include the Pavilion, which hosts concerts and events, and an 18-hole golf course, described as one of the most scenic in Scotland. The market town of Dingwall is a ten-minute drive away and has a wider range of shops and amenities, including a modern secondary school, while Inverness has all the facilities of a small city, including its airport with regular flights to the south and Europe.

Ulladale was built c.1900 as a doctor’s house and surgery. The high standard of work and attention to detail is still evident today in the wide entrance hall and first floor landing, well-proportioned rooms, intricate cornicing and beautiful woodwork. The house has been in the same family since 1958 and although now in need of modernisation, this continuous ownership has ensured the house retains its integrity and original features.
The reception rooms and bedrooms are in the main portion of the house, while the rear wing is given over to workrooms. The mezzanine floor’s former maid’s rooms are accessed by the main and rear staircases and offer the potential for conversion to self-contained accommodation, subject to the necessary consents.