Rose Court is a beautiful B listed Georgian house set in the conservation area of Fortrose, a historic coastal town on the Black Isle lying just north of Inverness. Believed to be, originally the refectory for the monks of Fortrose …
Rose Court is a beautiful B listed Georgian house set in the conservation area of Fortrose, a historic coastal town on the Black Isle lying just north of Inverness. Believed to be, originally the refectory for the monks of Fortrose cathedral, the property is the oldest residence in the town with evidence of a dwelling on the site since mediaeval times. The setting is secluded with an approach from the historic Cathedral Square through a cobbled, gated pend and generous, predominately walled grounds to the front of the house.
Rose Court has been in the same family since the late 1950’s and sensitive improvements have been carried out during this time, all with the approval of Historic Scotland. The original features of the house include the beautiful façade with its stone portico, a flagstone floor, and diamond paned windows, while some of the work carried out has uncovered individual historic features such as an inscription on the sitting room fireplace and an original window in the drawing room. The house is now in need of further modernisation offering the purchaser the opportunity to create a delightful home in an exquisite property.
The lovely, south facing gardens are private and sheltered and comprise mixed borders and lawns, edged and interspersed with mature trees and shrubs, and with magnificent holly arch as a focal point. Within the grounds is a well maintained stone and slate steading offering the potential for conversion, subject to the necessary consents, along with further outbuildings.
Missives have concluded on the sale of Rose Court, but the purchasers have failed to complete. It is the sellers’ decision to re-market the property and they are open to considering other offers.
Please also note that the property is now unfurnished.