Tomich House is a handsome, B listed Georgian house lying close to Beauly in Inverness-shire. The site was formerly part of the Lovat estate and the house was built in the early 1800's for Lord Lovat's maiden aunts.
The sellers purchased the house about 30 years ago and have maintained the property very well during their ownership, carrying out all repairs and upgrading where necessary. In addition, the grounds have been landscaped to create a beautiful setting for the house with magnificent specimen trees, mixed borders, lawns and a paddock.
The house is of classic Georgian style with symmetrical elevations and elegantly proportioned rooms with the original long sash window, shutters and cornicing. The internal structure of the house is unchanged and so retains its integrity which brings with it an easily run and welcoming home. The ground and first floors offer comfortable family accommodation with the gracious reception rooms, dining kitchen and spacious bedrooms all of which have wash hand basins, while the well laid out basement has the potential for use as a holiday or residential let.
The beautiful surrounding countryside remains peaceful and unspoilt, its dramatic inland landscape providing a haven for many rare species of plants and wildlife as well as offering world class salmon fishing on the River Beauly, shooting and stalking. The quiet countryside makes it an ideal area for cycling and hill walking, while the west coast, with its excellent sailing, is within easy reach and the National Nature Reserves of Glen Affric and Strathfarrar are just a short distance away.