CACRABANK FARM ETTRICK VALLEY,
SELKIRK TD7 5H
SITUATION Cacrabank Farm lies at the junction of the Rankle Burn and the Ettrick Water, near Tushielaw, about 15 miles South West of Selkirk in the Ettrick Valley. The farm is a good …
CACRABANK FARM ETTRICK VALLEY,
SELKIRK TD7 5H
SITUATION Cacrabank Farm lies at the junction of the Rankle Burn and the Ettrick Water, near Tushielaw, about 15 miles South West of Selkirk in the Ettrick Valley. The farm is a good block of hill land with a useful area of In bye land around the hill foot and the river banks. There is a primary school in Ettrickbridge and main shopping is available in Selkirk, Hawick or Innerleithen.
DESCRIPTION Cacrabank Farm is a useful compact hill farm extending in total to about 687.29 acres (278.15 Ha). The land rises from about 220m above sea level to 470m on Cacra Hill. The hill land is mainly white hill grazing. There is an excellent cottage and a useful range of good modern buildings. The farm is offered for sale in two lots:
LOT 1 About 77.43 acres (31.34 Ha) of In bye land and woodland with Cacrabank cottage and the farm steading.
Cacrabank cottage is a most attractive single story cottage set to the north of the modern farm buildings. The accommodation includes: Hallway, Sitting room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Store, 2 bedrooms, Conservatory. There is also an office with external access. The house has double glazing and oil central heating. There is a large garden area around the house.
The council tax band for Cacrabank Cottage is B. The EPC band for the cottage is E.
The farm buildings include a modern open sided shed of steel and profile sheet with overhanging eaves over side feed areas (42 x 22m) An open fronted 4 bay Hay shed (24 x 12m) of steel and profile sheet construction and a smaller 3 bay open fronted implement shed (18.3 x 9.1m). There is a covered cattle handling area.
There is also a good sized traditional building which may have potential for conversion to residential use (subject to planning) which includes garaging with a loft above and storage buildings on either side. The central section is about 116m2 on two floors.
The Land The land mainly lies at about 220m above sea level and is divided into 3 main fields with smaller paddocks and river bank areas near the steading. There is a small area of woodland adjacent to the steading.
LOT 2 The Hill land extends to about 609.86 acres (246.81 Ha) and rises to about 470 metres at the top of Cacra Hill. The land is classed as being 53 & 63 by the Hutton Institute. There is now no sheep stock on the hill.
Access to the hill is taken from a hill track leading onto the hill at the Southern corner of the farm.
NOTES: No access to the hill land will be granted over the private access road leading to Cacra Side and Cacrahope.from the public Road.
A right to enter enclosures 5 and 8 on Lot 1 will be reserved to the seller for the purpose of maintenance repair and renewal of the Cacrahope domestic drainage system subject to reinstatement of any surface damage.
Private water supplies rise on the side of Cacra Hill serving Cacrabank cottage, Cacraside, Cacrahope and Cacrabank House; purchasers must undertake not to interfere with these supplies.
BASIC PAYMENT SCHEME: The Basic Payment Entitlements may be made available for sale by separate negotiation. Further details of the Basic Payment Entitlement is available from the Selling Agent. Any payments relating to the 2017 scheme year will, if appropriate, be retained by the Seller. If applicable, the purchaser(s) will be responsible upon occupation of the subjects of sale to comply fully with the Statutory Management Requirements to maintain the farmland in Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition (GAEC) as laid down under the Cross Compliance rules of the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) 2017 for the remainder of the scheme year. FARMCODE 803/0008
LESS FAVOURED AREA SUPPORT SCHEME (LFASS): The land at Cacrabank is eligible for Less Favoured Area Support and any payment by SGRIPD relating to the 2017 farming year will be retained by the Seller.
ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGNATIONS: Adjacent to the subjects of Cacrabank is the Tweed River Special Area of Conservation. Further information is available from the selling agents.
2 areas of woodland compartments (27 & 19) have been managed in the past by Borders Forest Trust and there is an ongoing obligation of maintenance.
MINERAL RIGHTS AND TIMBER: The mineral rights are included in the sale. All standing and fallen timber is included in the sale.
SPORTING RIGHTS: The sporting rights are in hand. The new sporting rateable value is £550.
VIEWING: Strictly by appointment with Galbraith.
Given the potential hazards of a working farm, we request
you take care when viewing the property, especially around the agricultural buildings, unoccupied buildings, farmland and water courses.
IMPORTANT NOTES 1. These particulars are intended to give a fair and overall description of the property. If any points are relevant to your interest, please ask for further information, prior to viewing. Prospective purchasers are advised to seek their own professional advice.
2. Areas, measurements and distances are given as a guide. Photographs depict only certain parts of the property. Nothing within the particulars shall be deemed to be a statement as to the structural condition, nor the working order of services and appliances.
3. These particulars shall not be binding on our clients whether acted on or otherwise, unless the same is incorporated within a written document, signed by our clients or on their behalf, satisfying the requirements of Section 3 of The Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995.
4. Closing Date A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through lawyers to Galbraith, in writing, will be advised of a closing date, unless the property has been sold previously. The Seller will not be obliged to accept the highest, or indeed any offer and has the right to accept an offer at any time or withdraw the property from the market. The Seller will not be liable for any costs incurred by interested parties.
5. Offers Formal offers in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, through a Scottish Lawyer, to Galbraith, 7 Bank Street, Galashiels, TD1 1EN Tel: 01896754842, Fax: 01896 753517. Email: Galashiels@galbraithgroup.com
6. Third Party Rights and Servitudes The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
MORTGAGE FINANCE Galbraith are approved agents for the Agricultural Mortgage Corporation (AMC) and we can assist you in securing finance loans for a variety of farming purposes including the purchase of land and property, facilitate and reschedule debt, and to provide working capital for diverse creation, and improving on erected farm buildings. For further details and to discuss any proposals in connection please contact Robert Taylor on 0800 3899448. Email: email@example.com