The plots at Glengonnar are in a delightful southerly facing setting in wooded parkland fronting the River Clyde. The land is set just to the south and east of the village of Abington near Junction 14 on the M74 giving extremely good access to Glasgow, Edinburgh and their airports.
Biggar is about 12 miles to the north and is the main centre serving the area, with excellent shopping and secondary school together with recreational facilities including a Golf Course and Sports Centre. Edinburgh is about 42 miles and Glasgow is about 40 miles to the north and rail connections are also available at Lockerbie, Carstairs, Carlisle and the south.
Abington is an attractive small village with a shop and a hotel, together with a primary school.
The land on which the plots stand is the original site and attractive wooded grounds of the former Abington House on which was established an Outdoor Education Centre in 1939 which has recently been demolished. Planning consent was extended in April 2016 for the erection of five dwelling Houses CL/16/0067 (original reference CL/12/0472) in large plots each with a considerable area of amenity land and frontage to the River Clyde, which includes trout fishing rights.
The plots offer an unrivalled opportunity to create spectacular dwellings in a superb rural location, yet with excellent road communication available close by.
The plots are reached from the A702 south of Abington by a right of access over a private shared road from the A702 just south of the Village.
The plots are available as follows:
Plot 2 about 5.49 acres A substantial site with the proposed house plot in an elevated position on rising
ground above a superb pond of about 1 acre adjacent to the river.
At present there are no plot boundaries defined on the ground. A deed of conditions detailing the responsibility for mutual boundaries, shared access and services will be entered into.