Farm Buildings - Lot 2
LOT 2: FARM BUILDINGS: About 1.41 acres (0.57 ha)
A range of seven modern farm buildings is situated behind the farmhouse, on an area of mainly hard standing. These comprise:
1. General purpose shed (15.5m x 11.5m), built of brick with corrugated asbestos roof and concrete floor.
2. General purpose shed (13m x 10m), clad with corrugated asbestos and timber, with a corrugated asbestos roof.
3. Chicken shed (22m x 6m), timber clad with a corrugated asbestos roof and concrete floor.
4. Nissan style shed (15.7 x 5.8m), built of brick with a corrugated asbestos roof.
5. Dutch barn (18.5m x 7.4m), open front, built of steel and clad with corrugated iron.
6. Open sided shed (27.4m x 4.2m), built of timber and clad with corrugated iron.
7. General purpose hanger (27.8m x 13.9m), clad with corrugated asbestos with a barrel curved corrugated iron roof and concrete floor.
Adjacent grazing land may be available for sale if required.
LOT 1: BOGHALL FARMHOUSE
A substantial traditional Victorian former farmhouse requiring upgrading is also available for sale separately.
Boghall Farm lies to the south west of Edinburgh, on the edge of the Pentlands Regional Park, well placed for access to the city centre.
The A720 City Bypass (about 1 mile) offers connections to Edinburgh Airport and the central Scotland motorway network. Penicuik, about 4 miles to the south, has excellent local facilities, including a supermarket, banks, medical centre and a leisure centre, as well as well regarded local primary and secondary schools. There are further local services at Rosslyn (around 3 miles) which is also home to a historic chapel. Out of town shopping can be found at The Gyle Shopping Centre and Straiton Retail Park, which also has a park and ride facility. There are regular bus services into Edinburgh city centre, and there is a bus stop at the farm entrance. The extensive shopping, commercial, cultural and leisure amenities provided by Scotland's capital city are all within easy reach.
The surrounding area offers a wonderful array of activities for the outdoor enthusiast. The miles of beautiful countryside are ideal for walking, cycling and horseriding. The Pentlands Regional Park, a mecca for hillwalking enthusiasts, is on the doorstep, with walking trails leading via the farm to nearby Allermuir Hill. There is an outdoor Ski Centre at Hillend. The range of golf courses include at nearby Swanston and Glencorse, and world class facilities, such as the Open Championship course at Muirfield, a little further afield. The East Lothian coastline is famed for its beautiful sandy beaches, whilst to the south, the Scottish Borders offer further opportunities for rural pursuits.