Built in 1864 Priory Croft, as the name suggests, was originally a small croft. Through time rooms have been added and the property has grown considerably in size. The size of the property has historically given it a variety of purposes: over the years Priory Croft has been both a doctors' surgery (the Dining Room was formerly the Consultation Room), and a veterinary practice (many animals have been attended to in the room which is now the main Kitchen) but in more recent years Priory Croft has been enjoyed as spacious family home.
Much of the character of the property remains, the Maid's Room still has the original cast iron fireplace, and the bells to ring for service are still operational throughout the house. Heating is oil fired, powered by the Stanley range cooker in the Kitchen/Family Room. Twelve solar panels on the roof supply power, resulting in reduced electricity costs, and they can also provide a small income following the submission of meter readings. Priory Croft has a mixture of double glazed and sash & case and single pane windows, all sitting under a striking red tiled roof. The garden is very well maintained with lawn, borders and vegetable patches, as well as two greenhouses, one of which is a lean-to attached to the house. There is ample parking space for several vehicles at the front of the property.