Balgreen is situated in a peaceful, rural setting close to the popular hamlet of Hollybush, some 7 miles from Ayr (15 minute drive) and is easily accessible by the A713 trunk road with magnificent views over open countryside to the …
Balgreen is situated in a peaceful, rural setting close to the popular hamlet of Hollybush, some 7 miles from Ayr (15 minute drive) and is easily accessible by the A713 trunk road with magnificent views over open countryside to the Carrick Hills and Isle of Arran screened by mature deciduous woodland. This part of Ayrshire has a coastal network of scenic towns and villages amongst rolling hills and panoramic beach landscapes.
Hollybush has a well regarded local Inn (the Hollybush Inn) and a range of local village amenities including primary school, post office and shops are available at Dalrymple (about 1.8 miles). There is good coverage of broadband available in the area. The county town of Ayr is only a short drive away which offers a comprehensive range of excellent services including restaurants, shopping, supermarkets and a private co-educational school. The Burgh of Ayr was founded in the 12th century. Nearby Alloway was the birthplace of the poet Robert Burns. The town benefits from a wealth of public parks, good path networks and wide sandy beaches on the Firth of Clyde coast. There are some delightful river walks along the River Ayr including a deep wooded gorge ascending to a viewpoint known as Wallace’s Seat. There are frequent train services to Glasgow and beyond. Prestwick Airport, with a comprehensive schedule of international flights, is about 13 miles. Glasgow itself is easily accessible via the A/M77 in a journey time of about 50 minutes.
THE COURTYARD HOUSES
No 1 Balgreen Steading (230sqm) comprises entrance porch, living room, dining room with French doors, kitchen/dining, bathroom, utility room and master bedroom (en suite bathroom) on the ground floor and 3 further en suite bedrooms on the first floor. RESERVED.
No 2 Balgreen Steading. The largest of the courtyard houses with 240sqm, it has living room with French doors, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/dining with French doors leading to the garden, shower room on the ground floor and 4 bedrooms (3 en suite) on the first floor. RESERVED.
No 3 Balgreen Steading (220sqm) has entrance porch, living room, dining room/bedroom 4, open plan kitchen, and shower room on the ground floor, with 3 bedrooms (2 en suite) on the first floor along with a lovely mezzanine sitting room.
No 4 (202sqm) has entrance porch, living room with French doors, spacious kitchen/dining with French doors and shower room on the ground floor. There are 4 bedrooms (all en suite) on the first floor.
No 5 Balgreen Steading with 205sqm, No 5 is all on one level with entrance porch, living room with French doors, kitchen/dining room with French doors, 4 bedrooms (3 en suite) and shower room. RESERVED.
Balgreen presents an unrivalled opportunity to buy into an exclusive development of individually designed homes in a spectacular setting close to Ayr. An impressive Victorian stone steading which dates from 1882, the original red sandstone will be carefully restored into five 4 bedroom country homes. These homes will surround a central courtyard each with private gardens to the rear.
There are five bespoke luxury detached new build houses with wonderful sweeping countryside views, with four 4 bedroom homes and one 5 bedroom home.
Each of the houses at Balgreen have useful built-in storage with gas central heating.
The existing farmhouse, Balgreen Lodge, is in separate ownership and is not included in the sale. Dunromin Cottage and Balgreen Cottage are also excluded.
• All Houses: American oak doors with oak skirtings and facings to entrance hall and living room; painted mdf finishings throughout remainder of house.
• Brushed stainless steel ironmongery.
• Sliding mirror wardrobe doors.
• TV points installed in living room and/or sitting room, all bedrooms.
• High quality kitchens by Impuls from our select ranges.
• Appliances include stainless steel electric oven, gas hob and extractor hood.
• Laminate worktop and worktop upstand.
BATHROOMS AND EN SUITES
• Wall mounted radiators and towel rails.
• Quality white sanitary ware and tiling.
• Splashback over wash hand basins.
• Each house is fitted with energy efficient propane gas fired central heating.
• Solar thermal system (providing hot water).
The internal specification for all houses can be tailored to suit the purchaser to allow bespoke detailing.
• Refurbished from the existing steading buildings, retaining solid stone walls with some new off white render.
• Slated timber roofs.
• White pvc double glazed sash and case windows and doors.
• Pavior block driveways.
• Slab pathways with gardens laid to soil.
• Timber fences where applicable.
• The courtyard houses have been thoughtfully designed to suit a modern, flexible lifestyle and benefit from a high quality specification.