East Doura is an attractive farm with an excellent extended farmhouse, traditional and modern buildings set within 132.62 acres (53.67 ha) of productive farmland. The property enjoys a rural yet accessible location in South Ayrshire close to the …
East Doura is an attractive farm with an excellent extended farmhouse, traditional and modern buildings set within 132.62 acres (53.67 ha) of productive farmland. The property enjoys a rural yet accessible location in South Ayrshire close to the small village of Craigie. Mauchline (4 miles) offers a good range of services including a doctors surgery and local shops whilst there is primary schooling. Galston (about 5.5 miles) has a wide range of local services and secondary schooling.
East Doura is situated about 7 miles from Kilmarnock which offers a wide range of facilities and is well placed for easy access to Ayr and Glasgow by the A76 and A77. Glasgow City Centre is accessible within a 35 minute drive. There are excellent transport links in the area with a regular train service to Glasgow from Kilmarnock, Glasgow Prestwick Airport is about 11 miles with regular scheduled international flights and Glasgow international airport is about 33 miles.
The county town of Ayr offers a wide range of amenities including excellent shopping, restaurants, cinemas and sports facilities. There are good private and state schools in the area too.
Ayrshire is renowned for its many golf courses, including the world famous Royal Troon and Turnberry. Ballochmyle Golf Course (5 miles) is a popular 18 hole course and the world class, 19 hole golf course designed by Colin Montgomerie at Rowallan Castle is about 11 miles away. There is a popular Racecourse in Ayr and excellent yachting facilities at the Marina in Troon.
East Doura Farm is available for sale as a whole or in 5 lots and offers an attractive farmhouse, an extensive range of farm buildings and productive land. The land comprises 14 enclosures and extends to circa 130.22 acres (52.70 ha). According to the James Hutton Institute, the land is classified as a mixture of Grade 3.2 and Grade 4.1. The land is all ploughable in excellent heart sitting at between 86m and 123m above sea and is well fenced. There is good access to all fields. Currently spring barley and silage are grown on an annual basis. The land is registered with SCRIPD for IACS purposes. The farm is in an accessible rural location and is approached along the farm drive.
LOT 1 - EAST DOURA FARMHOUSE, BUILDINGS AND LAND
East Doura is a stone and slate farmhouse with accommodation over two storeys with views over the surrounding countryside. The farm has been improved and greatly extended over the years and internally the farmhouse is spacious and the rooms are well proportioned. On the ground floor, there is a modern kitchen with access to a utility room and a large living room with a wood burning stove. Two double bedrooms, office, shower room and sitting room completes the downstairs accommodation. On the first floor, there are three good sized bedrooms with a family bathroom. The house overlooks an enclosed garden with level lawn and patio area. Adjoining the farmhouse is a traditional stone and slate range comprising garage, barn, carport and two stores with much potential for extension or future development.
Within the steading, there is a useful range of farm buildings as follows:
1) Straw Shed (75ft x 45ft) - concrete portal frame with asbestos roof, box profile clad and earth floor. Adjoining lean to (75ft x 21ft) - pole barn construction under a tin roof with box profile clad and earth floor.
2) Tractor Shed (40ft x 30.6ft) - steel portal frame with asbestos roof, box profile clad and earth floor. Adjoining lean to (30.6ft x 21ft).
3) Grain Shed (45ft x 30ft) - steel portal frame with tin sides, asbestos roof and concrete floor.
4) A) Storage Shed (60.10ft x 37ft) - part timber, part steel construction with part asbestos part tin roof, tin and Yorkshire boarding with earth floor.
B) Storage Shed (45ft x 30.8ft) - pole barn with tin roof, box profile clad and earth floor.
5) Slatted Shed (74.6ft x 35.6ft) - steel portal frame with block walls to 4 ft, tin clad, box profile walls. Houses 53 cubicles and slatted floor is 8ft deep.
6) Cubicle Shed (120ft x 42.5ft) - steel portal frame, part asbestos, part tin roof with block walls and central feed passage with scraper. Houses 63 cubicles.
7) Hay Shed (120ft x 22ft) - steel portal frame, tin roof with block walls. 32 cubicles.
8) Machinery Shed (58.10ft x 47ft) - steel portal frame with fibre cement roof, block walls and box profile/asbestos sheet walls and concrete/quarry stone floor.
9) Storage Shed Lean to (22.6ft x 17.6ft) - pole barn lean to with asbestos roof, tin sheets and earth floor.
10) A) Storage Shed (60ft x 40ft) - steel portal frame with fibre cement roof, block walls, tin sheets and concrete floor. Includes secure storage unit (11.8ft x 9.10ft).
B) Lean to (30.4ft x 15.8ft) - pole barn with fibre cement roof and earth floor.
The land comprises three fields and extends to 8.38 acres (3.39 ha).
LOT 2 - LAND
The land comprises six fields and extends to 56.51 acres (22.87 ha). There is excellent access from the public road.
LOT 3 - LAND
The land comprises two fields and extends to 21.15 acres (8.56 ha). There is excellent access from the public road.
LOT 4 - LAND
The land comprises two fields and extends to 34.03 acres (13.77 ha). There is excellent access from the public road.
LOT 5 - LAND
A single feed extending to 10.16 acres (4.11 ha). There is excellent access from the public road.