Stoneside is an attractive and well equipped stock rearing farm with a fine farmhouse and cottage within 212.76 acres (86.10 ha) of productive farmland. The property enjoys a secluded yet accessible location close to the village of Thorntonhall …
Stoneside is an attractive and well equipped stock rearing farm with a fine farmhouse and cottage within 212.76 acres (86.10 ha) of productive farmland. The property enjoys a secluded yet accessible location close to the village of Thorntonhall, regarded as one of Central Scotlands premier residential addresses with a regular rail service and excellent motorway network to all major routes throughout Scotland and the South, and with a wide range of shopping outlets close by at East Kilbride, Newton Mearns and Silverburn Shopping Centres. The nearby southern orbital road offers easy commuting to Glasgow, Ayrshire and East Coast locations.
East Kilbride offers a wealth of shopping facilities including The Olympia shopping complex and retail park, as well as a multi-screen cinema, selection of restaurants, ice rink, Dolan Aqua Centre, sports centre, leisure centres, golf courses and other recreational facilities. Tennis, bowling and golf courses can be found in neighbouring suburbs.
Glasgow is within close proximity and provides a wealth of shopping facilities including numerous designer outlets, upmarket bars and restaurants. East Renfrewshire is a short distance away offering a wide spectrum of facilities including upmarket golf courses.
Glasgow boasts a number of distinguished private schools including Hutchesons Grammar School, Craigholme School for girls, Glasgow Academy, Kelvinside Academy, St Aloysius College and Belmont House. These schools are acknowledged for their academic excellence with further education available at top UK Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian.
Stoneside Farm, formally a dairy farm now operates as a productive stock rearing farm and is available for sale as a whole or in 5 lots. The land comprises 24 enclosures and extends to circa 212.76 acres (86.10 ha) of which 3.07 Ha (7.59 acres) is woodland. According to the James Hutton Institute the land is classified as Grade 3.2 . The land is nearly all ploughable, in excellent heart, down to grass, well fenced and at between 110 and 138m above sea level. The land is registered with SGRIPD for IACS purposes and is classified as disadvantaged as part of Less Favoured Area Support Scheme. The farm is in an accessible rural location and is approached along its own private drive.
LOT 1 - STONESIDE FARMHOUSE, BUILDINGS AND LAND
Stoneside is an exceptional stone and slate built farmhouse with accommodation over two storeys with views over the surrounding countryside. The farmhouse has been has been well maintained and improved over the years. Internally the accommodation is bright and the rooms are well proportioned. On the ground floor, there is a modern kitchen with access to a cloakroom and freezer room. There is a living room with open fire, snug, and sun room with doors to a patio area. A double bedroom with ensuite facilities completes the ground floor accommodation whilst on the first floor, there are three double bedrooms with a family bathroom. The house overlooks an enclosed garden with level lawn and patio area.
Adjoining the farmhouse are traditional buildings including a former byre, garage and workshop, constructed of stone and slate which have potential for development and a variety of uses. Planning consent was granted for conversion of part to form an extension to the existing farmhouse in June 2016.
Adjacent to Stoneside Farmhouse is the extensive and useful range of well equipped modern buildings as follows:
1) Former Byre (78ft x 24.10ft) - Brick construction under corrugated asbestos roof. Adjoining stable (20ft x 11.4ft) and store (13.2ft x 12.8ft).
2) Implement and Calf Shed (53.8ft x 38ft) - Steel portal frame construction with corrugated iron.
3) Twin roofed silage pits x 2 - (114ft x 61ft) - Steel portal frame construction, corrugated iron roof, concrete walls to 10ft and asphalt floor.
4) Cubicle Shed (117ft x 80ft) - Concrete portal frame with cement sheeting and dwarf block walls. 98 cubicles with central feed passage; automatic scrapers. Transverse slatted channel. Incorporates bulk tank house and former parlour.
5) Lean to (43ft x 34ft) - Steel and timber construction with corrugated iron. Concrete floor with electric door.
6) Bedded Court/Hayshed/Store (43.6ft x 42.6ft) plus (48.6ft x 20ft) - Steel portal frame construction with corrugated iron and dwarf walls.
7) Dutch Barn (45ft x 20ft) - Steel portal frame construction with corrugated iron.
8) High Level Slatted Shed (74ft x 32ft) - Steel portal frame construction with cement sheeting.
9) Pole Barn (36.6ft x 19.10ft) - Timber and brick construction with corrugated iron.
10) Five Bay Hay Shed (75ft x 20ft) - Steel portal frame construction with corrugated iron. Additional lean to (19.10ft x 15.2ft).
The land comprises 11 fields and extends to 71.62 acres (28.98 ha) of which 62.44 acres (25.27 ha) is farmland, 2.84 Ha (7.02 acres) is woodland whilst 2.16 acres (0.87 ha) forms the steading and access road.
LOT 2 - PARKLANDS COTTAGE AND PADDOCK EXTENDING TO 0.15 Ha (0.37 acres)
Parklands Cottage is a detached single storey cottage built of brick with a rendered finish under a tiled roof. It is situated at the farm entrance with long distance views over the surrounding countryside. Internally the accommodation is well proportioned offering 2 double bedrooms, living room with open fire, kitchen, lounge, and sun room. A family bathroom completes the accommodation. The cottage is fully double glazed and has oil fired central heating. The cottage overlooks an enclosed garden whilst there is a tarmac drive and garage to the side. Adjoining the cottage to the east, is a 0.37 acre paddock.
LOT 3 - LAND NORTH OF STONESIDE
A single field extending to 4.22 Ha (10.43 acres) and an enclosure of woodland of 0.23 Ha (0.57 acres).
LOT 4 - LAND NORTH OF STONESIDE
The land comprises four fields and extends to 23.17 Ha (57.25 acres).
LOT 5 - LAND NORTH OF STONESIDE
The land comprises six fields and extends to 29.35 Ha (72.52 acres).