Farmlea House is situated in a peaceful setting on the edge of the village of Colmonell in the lovely Stinchar Valley nestling in the South Ayrshire hills. With views across the Stinchar Valley to the surrounding hills, it has a tranquil south facing position, some 9 miles distant from the seaside town of Girvan which offers a wide range of local amenities and about 30 miles from the county town of Ayr, which has an excellent range of shops, leisure and sports facilities, cinema and art galleries. There is a new primary school in Colmonell along with a nursery and secondary schooling in Girvan whilst the nearest private school is in Ayr. The railway station in Girvan provides regular services to Glasgow and Stranraer and there is a train station at Barrhill (7.5 miles). Glasgow is within easy reach via the newly improved A77 and M77 and Glasgow Prestwick Airport (30 miles) offers regular international flights. The ferry terminal at Cairnryan is 16 miles away.
Ayrshire is renowned for its many golf courses including the world famous facilities at Turnberry. The popular racecourse in Ayr is host to the Scottish Grand National and there are exceptional yachting facilities at the Marinas in Troon, Largs and Inverkip. There are many opportunities for game sports in the region. The River Stinchar is a famous salmon fishery and is renowned for its autumn salmon run. Alloway, south of Ayr, is famous as the birthplace of Robert Burns.
The Stinchar Valley is a beautiful and extremely peaceful location south of Girvan, There are numerous walks in the area including the Stinchar Valley Trail walks, and longer walks over the hills to Glenluce. Local wildlife sightings include dippers, herons, mallard and teal, as well as hares and the occasional otter. The imposing ruins of Craigneil Castle can be seen across the Stinchar valley perched on an impressive limestock rock. The castle was reputedly one of the places used by Robert the Bruce and his army.
Built to a high specification, the carefully designed new house at Colmonell is arranged over two floors with south facing garden with exceptional views over the Stinchar valley. The house has been designed to maximise the natural light and has a contemporary open-plan layout perfect for modern living. With natural slate roof and a white render finish, painted timber front entrance door with bronze ironmongery. The house has 4 bedrooms, the kitchen is fiitted with Shaker Cranbrook Stone ivory units and incorporate 5 burner gas hobs with double oven, integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
The house incorporates characterful features with coving and contemporary fittings and double glazed sliding sash and case windows. It is energy efficient with a high level of insulation, LPG gas boiler and two photovoltaic panels installed helping to reduce electricity costs.
Farmlea House with lounge, open plan kitchen/dining room with French doors, laundry room and guest w.c. on the ground floor. On the first floor there are 4 bedrooms (mast en suite shower room) and family bathroom. Outside, there are private sheltered gardens to the rear.
• Cranbrook stone with ivory cabinet and grooved pewter handle.
• Colmar Oak laminate worktops and glass splashback to 5 burner gas hob.
• Double oven, stainless steel cooker hood, integrated fridge/freezer or fridge and freezer and integrated dishwasher.
• Under unit lighting to wall units.
• Stainless steel one and a half bowl sink with crosshead tap.
• Fitted units in Cranbrook Stone with ivory cabinet and grooved pewter handle.
• Stainless steel single bowl sink and deck mixer tap.
• Space for washing machine and tumble dryer.
Heating and Hot Water
• A highly efficient LPG gas boiler.
• Thermostatic valves to radiators and thermostatic controllers in the hall and landing.
Bathroom, Shower Room, Ensuite Facilities and Guest Toilet
• Low level shower tray with chrome semi-frameless door and tiled area.
• Traditional style Sandringham Classic sanitary ware with crosshead taps.
• Chrome towel warmer in all bathrooms, shower rooms and en suites. A small radiator in guest toilet.
• Shaver point in en suite shower room.
THE FINISHING TOUCHES
• Deep traditional ogee painted skirtings and facings
• Traditional style white painted internal doors
• Quality staircase with square white painted spindles and varnished handrail
• White painted plain cornicing to ceilings
• Two television points and two telephone points. 2 USB sockets.
• A mains supply heat detector, smoke detectors and a humidistat.
• Low energy LED downlighters with white bezels to kitchen, bathroom shower room, en suite and guest toilet
• Low energy pendant lighting to all other rooms
• 4 5amp lamp sockets in the lounge, switched at door
• Natural slate roof with zinc ridges and decorative chimney
• Black aluminium guttering and downpipes
• White wet dash render to walls
• Cast stone window margins with a painted finish to front elevation. Painted cast stone sills and reveals to side and rear elevation.
• Traditional style double glazed sliding case and sash windows in white upvc with satin chrome fittings
• French doors where shown
• Painted timber front entrance door. Traditional applied bronze ironmongery .
• High performance doorsets to rear/side entrances with 2 glazed panels to upper half. Black handles
• Traditional brick walls with coping stone to boundaries fronting onto courtyard.
• Hedges or post and wire fencing to rear and all other dividing boundaries
• Traditional timber gates with positions as plan
• 2 photovoltaic panels to roof
• Traditional half lanterns to front entrance.
• Grey Tegula paving to driveway, grey Indian sandstone slabs to paths and grey Keyblok paving to courtyard area.
Council Tax for 2017/18: £2,087.89
Landlord Registration No: 69840/370/15290
Energy Efficiency Rating: B85
Restrictions: Refer Pets - No Smoking