Originally built in 1723, for the last 85 years Auchincruive Estate has been developed and used as a college, with more modern education buildings being developed within the historic setting which includes a designed landscape and some important listed buildings.
In total, there are approximately 122,500 square feet of buildings, some of which are let and generating a rental income, and others suitable for sale or for demolition and redevelopment, along with 16 attractive houses and cottages.
The estate was recently the subject of a Planning Consent which provided for the development of up to 495 houses and, although parts of the estate have been sold subsequently, a substantial leasing and development opportunity remains. The potential is to develop a new community within the estate's spectacular landscape setting.
The estate is being marketed through Galbraith and Cushman & Wakefield, from whom further details can be obtained.
Bob Cherry of Galbraith said:
Whilst enjoying a fantastic rural environment, the location of the Auchincruive Estate close to Ayr provides excellent facilities, and immediate proximity to the M77 offers rapid commuting opportunities into Glasgow. It is therefore very well placed to meet current housing demand in Ayrshire.
Set in an idyllic rural location, the estate was built by Charles Cathcart and sold in 1764 to Richard Oswald, a rich merchant who commissioned Robert Adam to embellish the mansion and design "Oswald's Temple," a tea pavilion, a striking turreted folly. The Oswald family sold the estate in 1925 to a local farmer John Hannah who presented the estate two years later to a local college.
The main part of the former campus is centred on two imposing listed buildings, Gibbs Yard, the original Home Farm of the Estate and Wilson Hall the hall of residence for the college built in 1955.