Galbraith is Scotland’s leading independent property consultancy, with expertise across a broad spectrum of property related services.

Aberdeenshire Property Market Is Building Momentum

The Aberdeenshire property market is building momentum following a slower start to the year in terms of property sales.

The firm's Aberdeen office has published its latest statistics for the first quarter of 2018 (Jan March), with viewings remaining healthy and double the number of market appraisals being carried out over this quarter in comparison to the last quarter of 2017. The number of prospective buyers actively registering with the  office alos increased threefold in comparison to the previous quarter. 

The average price of property sold by Galbraith in Aberdeen over the first quarter of 2018 was 359,000 and the average time taken to sell was reduced by 9% than the previous quarter. 

67% of buyers were from within Scotland, 17% from the rest of the UK and 16% being international buyers. This is a shift in pattern from the previous quarter which saw 96% of buyers being Scottish with the remaining 4% being overseas purchasers.   

Hannah Christiansen, head of the estate agency team in Aberdeen, said:

Although we have witnesses a slower start to the year, which is common during the winter months, we are seeing an improvement in market activity from prospective buyers and we have been out to apprise many properties with a view to them coming onto the market in time for the busy summer selling period. 

What has been interesting is the increase in buyers coming from overseas, the rest of the UK and out with Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire. Popular rural locations remain in demand where good country properties with a sizable garden or portion of land sell very well. 

Across Scotland as a whole, Galbraith handled over 40 million worth of property sales over the past quarter alone (Jan March 2018). 

 

Properties currently for sale with Galbraith in Aberdeenshire include:

Fareview, Midmar, Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, Offers Over 900,000

Fareview is an outstanding home creatively designed and built in 2010 by the present owners. The property has been carefully positioned to proudly overlook the extensive 16 acres of garden ground, mainly bound by beautiful woodland creating a high degree of privacy. The accommodation has been designed with luxurious finishes and meets modern family living.

 

Milladen House, Mintlaw, Aberdeenshire, Offers Over 450,000

Milladen is a beautiful detached five-bedroom period property dating back to the early 1900's, located on the edge of the renowned 230-acre Aden Country Park, Mintlaw. The property has been extremely well maintained by the present owners and is mainly bound by woodland creating a high degree of privacy. Located adjacent to the house is a fenced paddock perfect for equestrian purposes or perhaps suitable for a detached property subject to planning. 

 

2 Nether Tulloch, Laurencekirk, Offers Over 340,000

This newly built detached four-bedroom family home benefits from double glazing and is extremely energy efficient with under floor heating downstairs. The generous living room to the front makes the best of the uninterrupted views across the rolling Mearns countryside and the bright open plan kitchen, dining and sitting room to the rear is perfect for family living, with patio doors leading out to the garden. This property is located within the peaceful Mearns countryside, yet conveniently located between the bigger towns of Laurencekirk and Stonehaven and ideally located for travelling to Aberdeen and Dundee.