Your New Company
As Scotland’s leading independent property consultancy, Galbraith provides a full range of services across the residential, commercial, rural, forestry and energy sectors.
Our Energy Business Stream is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Wayleave Officer to join its busy team. You will primarily be based from Perth however there are options for you to operate from Inverness or Stirling.
Your New Role
The overall purpose of the role will be to assist with the delivery of a wide range of Electricity, Energy, Renewables and Water projects throughout Scotland and England. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a can-do attitude, who thrives on a challenge.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Identifying land ownership and occupational rights for infrastructure projects
- Securing landowner consents for infrastructure projects
- Purchasing/Leasing of land for operational purposes
- Negotiation of servitude and wayleave terms
- Resolving disputes over land access, landownership queries or impacts from land use
- Assessment and settling of damage/compensation claims
- Liaising with estates surveyors, projects managers, stakeholders, land agents, legal representatives and other professional staff
- Utilising GIS software
This role will involve regular travel and therefore a driving licence is essential for the successful candidate. In addition, there may be occasions when an overnight stay will be required as part of the role.
To be Successful
You must be extremely self-motivated and be able to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and friendly manner, engendering trust and confidence.
You will have a working knowledge of land related computer packages and be fully conversant with the relevant legislation, and an understanding of statutory and environmental constraints. As a strong negotiator, you will have the ability to manage projects at an advanced level and demonstrate strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently.
What We Offer
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a growing team in a successful organisation
Galbraith is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter here.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Experian credit and criminal record checks