Your New Company
We are one of the largest land and woodland managers operating across Scotland and the North of England with influence over the management of around 1.5M hectares of land. Embodied within this are vast reserves of Natural Capital that will require to be assessed, audited, managed and ultimately valued.
We are already actively involved in woodland projects sequestering large amounts of Woodland Carbon registered under the Woodland Carbon Code and with many more projects on stream. The wider opportunities associated with carbon sequestration are being developed to maximise the potential contribution our clients can make to their own and national net zero targets with associated commercial opportunities to trade within the developing market place.
We require a dynamic, knowledgeable and commercially minded individual to manage and develop these areas of both our own, and our clients’, businesses. The needs for, and impact of, Carbon reduction and sequestration transcends all elements of our business, from Commercial and Residential Property, to the many facets of the Rural environment we operate in.
Your New Role
The key elements of this role will be to:
- · Lead the development of the application of Natural Capital assessment and evaluation in respect of a range of ecosystems.
- · Identify technical experts and liaise with them to develop appropriate specifications for baseline audits in relation to carbon and wider aspects of Natural Capital.
- · Work closely with our existing team in delivery of projects leading to registration under the Woodland Carbon Code.
- · Develop the wider potential for peatland and other carbon sources/loss mitigation and work with third parties to develop the recognition of these to establish viable offset projects including woodland and other carbon sequestration opportunities.
- · Lead in the liaison with markets to identify and develop opportunities for collaborative working on project development and market opportunities associated with offset requirements both obligatory and voluntary.
- · Working with our marketing team, develop communications and messaging around Natural Capital and carbon projects and develop understanding of Natural Capital and ecosystem services opportunities.
To Be Successful
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A very good understanding of the role of carbon in the challenges of meeting Net Zero targets and wider corporate social responsibility.
- Experience and successful record in project development with a commercial focus but with good understanding of associated environmental issues.
- Excellent communication skills and have a track record of working effectively with colleagues, clients, technical experts and stakeholders at all levels.
- Clear and concise written report preparation and be confident in presenting findings to individuals and groups.
- Skills to manage and develop strong relationships and partnerships both internally and externally with an ability to influence relevant parties.
- A relevant high level degree or equivalent education.
What We Offer
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, flexibility over location, the opportunity to work for a growing team in a successful firm with the potential to play a key and influential role in the development and direction of this exciting aspect of our business and its interaction with clients and key stakeholders.
For more information on the role please go to the careers section of our website
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to
Galbraith is an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Experian credit and criminal record checks.