Your New Role
The overall purpose of the role will be to assist with the delivery of a wide range of utility projects, relating but not limited to, electricity, telecommunications and water, throughout Scotland. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a can-do attitude, who thrives on a challenge.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Identifying land ownership and occupational rights for infrastructure projects
- Assist colleagues to secure landowner consents for infrastructure projects
- Assist with the purchasing/leasing of land for operational purposes
- Negotiation of servitude and wayleave terms
- Resolving disputes over land access, landownership queries or impacts from land use
- Assist with the assessment and settling of damage/compensation claims
- Liaising with estates surveyors, projects managers, stakeholders, land agents, legal representatives and other professional staff
- Utilising GIS software and production of plans
The successful candidate will join an experienced team who can offer assistance to the Land Officer, allowing the right candidate to grow in to the role.
This role will involve regular travel and therefore a driving licence is essential for the successful candidate.
To be Successful
You must be extremely self-motivated and be able to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and friendly manner, engendering trust and confidence.
You will have a working knowledge of land related computer packages and have an understanding of statutory and environmental constraints. You will have strong communication and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks competently.
What We Offer
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a growing team in a successful organisation
Galbraith is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter via email to Rachel Russell (email@example.com).
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Experian credit and criminal record checks.