Your New Company
As Scotland’s leading independent property consultancy, Galbraith provides a full range of services across the residential, commercial, rural, forestry and energy sectors.
This is a technical hands-on role and the post holder will be required to utilise their diverse technical background, and experience of working at all levels with Microsoft, Networking and VMware technologies, to plan, design, configure and maintain the entire organisation-wide IT estate.
Your New Role
The overall purpose of the role is to provide highly technical support where you will be responsible for the full range of infrastructure services and technology in use across the organisation. You will be in charge of the maintenance of the existing infrastructure, troubleshooting issues and managing new deployments.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- The firm's IT infrastructure, including computer network, servers, storage and telephony
- Installing, maintaining, upgrading, patching and monitoring of the IT infrastructure to ensure maximum availability and performance during core business hours.
- Ensuring regular data backups/replication and periodic testing of backup integrity.
- Planning and implementing security measures and controls where required
- Managing and maintaining security and prevention systems
- Maintaining data and monitoring security access
- Monitoring Galbraith’s networks for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs - Ensuring that we know as much as possible and as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Enhancing and developing the systems across the entire organisation-wide IT estate to meet the end users’ needs
IT Skills and Experience
You will possess a relevant academic qualification and be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server administration
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP and DNS
- Microsoft PowerShell Scripting
- Microsoft Patch Management (WSUS)
- Office365 (Exchange, SharePoint & Teams)
- Microsoft Office Suite support
- Microsoft Windows desktop support
- Veeam Backup
- Networking: Layer 3 Switches, VPN, VLANs
- Cyber security
- Firewall management/configuration
- Preparation of Technical Documentation (support & solutions)
- ITIL Aware
- Experience in the following is desirable:
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Linux (Ubuntu) Administration
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Wireless and Proxy server administration
- VOIP telephony Administration
- Disaster Recovery
- Cisco ASA Firewalls administration
- ITIL accreditation
- Microsoft/Cisco accreditation
To be Successful
You must be extremely driven and enthusiastic and be able to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and friendly manner. You will be able to prioritise you work, have excellent attention to detail and good time management skills.
A driving licence is essential.
What We Offer
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a growing team in a successful organisation
Galbraith is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Experian credit and criminal record checks