Your New Company
Independent property consultancy, Galbraith provides a full range of services across the residential, commercial, rural, forestry and energy sectors.
This is a technical hands-on role and the post holder will be required to utilise their diverse technical background, and experience of working at all levels with Microsoft, Networking and VMware technologies, to plan, design, configure and maintain the entire organisation-wide IT estate.
Your New Role
The overall purpose of the role is to provide highly technical support where you will be responsible for the full range of infrastructure services and technology in use across the organisation. You will be in charge of the maintenance of the existing infrastructure, troubleshooting issues and managing new deployments.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- The firm's IT infrastructure, including computer network, servers, storage and telephony
- Maintaining data and monitoring security access.
- Installing, maintaining, upgrading, patching and monitoring of the IT infrastructure to ensure maximum availability and performance during core business hours.
- Planning and implementing security measures and controls where required.
- Managing and maintaining security and prevention systems.
- Proactively monitoring Galbraith’s system estate for cyber attempts and investigating any violation.
- Ensuring regular data backups/replication and periodic testing of backup integrity
- Enhancing and developing the systems across the entire organisation-wide IT estate to meet the end users’ needs
IT Skills and Experience
You will possess a relevant academic qualification and be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Cyber security
- Microsoft Windows Server administration
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP and DNS
- Microsoft PowerShell Scripting
- Microsoft Patch Management (WSUS)
- Office365 (Exchange, SharePoint & Teams)
- Microsoft Office Suite support
- Microsoft Windows desktop support
- Veeam Backup
- Networking: Layer 3 Switches, VPN, VLANs
- Firewall management/configuration
- Preparation of Technical Documentation (support & solutions)
- ITIL Aware
- Experience in the following is desirable:
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- SharePoint: MS Flow & PowerApps.
- Linux (Ubuntu) Administration
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Wireless and Proxy server administration
- VOIP telephony Administration
- Disaster Recovery
- Cisco ASA Firewalls administration
- ITIL accreditation
- Microsoft/Cisco accreditation
To be Successful
You must be extremely driven and enthusiastic and be able to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing in a professional and friendly manner. You will be able to prioritise you work, have excellent attention to detail and good time management skills.
A driving licence is essential.
What We Offer
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a growing team in a successful organisation. This role offers a blend of office and home working, with an office base of Stirling and travel to other offices as required.
Galbraith is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Experian credit and criminal record checks