Natural Capital / Rural /Forestry
Director of Natural Capital
Full-Time | Permanent
We require a dynamic, commercial and focused individual to embrace the role of Director of Natural Capital.
The role will be to co-ordinate, refine and project manage delivery of a range of diverse projects and play a key role in further developing this innovative area of our business. In addition, the role will include forging strong links with major clients in the rural and commercial sectors and developing relationships with existing and new institutional clients where there is a rapidly growing interest in natural capital and carbon.
Galbraith is a diverse multi-disciplinary firm of Chartered Surveyors with 13 offices across Scotland and Northern England. We specialise in the rural, forestry, energy, commercial and residential sectors and are leaders in associated property sales, acquisitions and lettings.
We are one of the largest land and woodland managers operating across Scotland and the North of England with influence over the management of around 1,500,000 hectares of land. Embodied within this area are vast reserves of natural capital which are generating increasing interest from the market and from policymakers. Our clients need advice to better understand natural capital and its assessment, audit and ongoing management of associated rural assets.
We have been actively involved in in the management of natural capital for many years and have a small but growing team working on natural capital assessment, carbon management alongside the ongoing management of traditional provisioning outputs. Through this work we are identifying both threats and opportunities within this rapidly developing field. The team works closely with rural land managers across our business, our rural client base and increasingly a range of commercial clients working towards net-zero targets.
Key elements of the role will be to:
- Lead in the liaison with stakeholders to identify and develop opportunities for collaborative working on project development and market potential associated with low carbon transition and carbon offsetting.
- Work closely with our existing team to identify and develop opportunities for clients in the management of natural capital.
- Develop opportunities within both Scottish and English policy frameworks, in particular biodiversity net gain.
- Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of natural capital projects for a range of clients across different market sectors.
- Work closely with asset managers across Galbraith to help identify opportunities to develop areas of natural capital work.
- Where door-opening opportunities exist, lead in the promotion of our ability to undertake natural capital assessment and the development and delivery of associated projects.
Ideally you will have the following attributes:
- Experience and track record in project management.
- A strong commercial and client focus and with a drive to deliver value.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a track record of working collaboratively and positively with colleagues, clients, technical experts and stakeholders at all levels.
- An ability to work in both English and Scottish policy frameworks.
- An ability to prepare and deliver clear reports and be confident in presenting proposals and findings to a spectrum of colleagues and clients including boards and trustees.
- An ability to manage and develop strong, positive and effective relationships and partnerships both internally and externally with a track record of ability to influence relevant parties.
- An understanding of the rural and commercial economy, natural capital, environmental issues and the role of carbon in the challenges of meeting net zero targets and wider environmental and social governance.
For an informal discussion to find out more about this exciting new role please contact:
Ian Hope Head of Rural on 07968 209543
Athole McKillop Head of Forestry on 07718 523045
To apply, please email your CV & Covering Letter to our People & Culture Team firstname.lastname@example.org
What we Offer
In return, we offer a competitive salary benefits package and the opportunity to work for an agile, innovative and progressive business, which recognise and values the importance of our people.
This role is full time and offers a blend of office and home working, with flexibility in office location but with the ability to travel to other offices and locations as required.
Who Are We?
With over 200 employees in offices across Scotland and Northern England, Galbraith offers an unparalleled breadth of skills across all property sectors. We pride ourselves on being an innovative and progressive firm. However, we're proud that we take a traditional approach when it comes to delivering the highest quality of personal service to our clients.