We begin in the traditional Highland village of Kingussie and a property that will definitely give you something to write home about!
The Post House is a former post office which originally dates from 1909. Renovated and converted in the 1990s by the current owners, they set out to retain as much of the original layout and as many of unique features as possible.
The wooden floors date back to the house's previous use as do the windows. The entrance hall has retained its original hardwood counters while a large copper parcel flap also remains as a hatch between the hall and dining area. Another original counter complete with pigeon holes is to be found in one of the six bedrooms.
The Postmaster's office is now a further bedroom, the former sorting room has become an open plan sitting and dining room while the property's cloakroom was once the telephone kiosk.
Located within the Cairngorms National Park, the Post House is currently run as a successful holiday let with previous guests including the production crew of BBC series 'Monarch of the Glen'. An annex to the rear of the main property created from former garages currently provides owner accommodation. This could potentially be used as a second holiday let or as a granny flat. There is an additional self-contained studio/bedsit.
The Post House, Kingussie, is for sale with our Inverness office priced at offers over 450,000
We travel south now to Thornhill near Dumfries and a converted traditional Victorian former bank.
Constructed in 1851, Bank House still has a number of original features: The bay window in the former 'Bank Office' still has its original metal security plates in place while the safe room' with its steel door offers a particularly secure storage solution!
Upgraded in recent years, Bank House is currently run as a Bed and Breakfast but could become as a six bedroom family home.
Bank House, Thornhill is for sale with our Castle Douglas office. It has a guide price of 360,000.
Finally we take a look at another former bank building, this time in the heart of the historic town of Fochabers. While in this case no features from the previous use remain, this spacious townhouse would nevertheless make a wonderful family home.
The Old Bank House was designed by Turriff architect James Duncan. Built in 1878, it was formerly occupied by the Aberdeen and County Bank.
Accessed from Fochabers High Street, a vestibule leads upstairs to the accommodation, which is predominantly over the first and second floors. A spacious property, the magnificent drawing room with tall corniced ceiling and exposed pine flooring is of particular note.
Old Bank House in Fochabers, Moray is for sale with Galbraith Elgin at a guide price of 195,000 or is also available as part of a larger lot.